Creamy, luxurious Paleo Thai Tea made with black tea, natural sweeteners, spices and coconut milk. The perfect beverage for Thai dishes and more!
Thai Iced Tea is traditionally a spice-scented black tea that’s been brewed strong with spices, sweetened with sugar, and topped with condensed milk. The best part is it’s easy to make the paleo version yourself and it is far cheaper than buying it. Just use basic black tea, keep it naturally sweetened with sweeteners like honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar, and get that creaminess with coconut milk.
This authentic recipe gets its flavor from good-quality black tea infused with a mix of star anise, cinnamon, green cardamom and cloves, which adds a warm, spiced aroma and sweetened with a touch of honey, without any artificial colors. Although you can use teabags, it tastes better with loose tea leaves as the flavor gets richer when infused with the spices.
This Thai Iced Tea is a refreshing summertime beverage with any meal, but it’s perfect served with a spicy Thai-inspired dishes. You can brew up a batch of the tea, chill it and serve with lunch or dinner, or even enjoy it in place of your morning coffee.
Paleo Thai Tea Recipe
Note: The tea base can be kept refrigerated for up to a week.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
Yields: 4 servings
Paleo Thai Tea
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 heaping Tablespoons loose leaf black tea, or 4 black tea bags
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 green cardamom pod
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can coconut milk
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and let it come to a simmer, then add the spices and tea and stir. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour tea over a strainer into a pitcher or bowl to remove the tea leaves and spices. At this time add the vanilla, honey and coconut sugar. Whisk to thoroughly combine and dissolve sugar crystals, then adjust sweetness as needed.
- Let cool completely before sitting in the refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours.
- Once tea is chilled, prepare serving glasses with ice cubes. Fill with tea until 3/4 full, then top with coconut milk. Stir gently and enjoy.
Wicked Good Ketogenic Cookbook
Learn all about how to eat to force your body to burn fat. This book is jam packed with 156 delicious fat-shredding recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!